Thursday, February 26, 2009

Busy Busy Busy

Sorry I haven't been blogging (not that the absence of posts here has diminished your quality of life, but still . . .), but we've been jumping here in Oklahoma. Michele's classes, teaching, and research are keeping her busy, and my teaching seems to involve a whole lot more preparation this time around.

Still, the world continues to change. CHANGE! We have a new president! He gave a speech the other night, and hopefully sometime soon I'll have the time to watch it. His speech was followed by another by Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindal. That one didn't get good reviews--even from conservatives--but I want to watch it, too.

I just wanted to remind everyone that I'm alive. Why? I don't know. My mom and Michele's parents are coming down for Spring Break. That will be good. That will be fun.

Other than that, I'm just looking forward to the end of the semester. That's the next time I imagine I'll feel caught up.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How many times do I want to burst into song but won't for the sake of the puppy ears in the house? Ohhh-K----!

Your Miss Smartypants comment made my friggin' day. I laughed so hard I woke up the puppies. Of course, they were exhausted after breaking out of their confined area (white, fluffy jailbreakers) and:
1. Peeing Rorschach blots in every room;
2. Topping one especially interesting blot with two piles of poo;
3. Eating Shayne's slippers;
4. Gnawing on my pink farm boots (with an "Oh no you di-int" reaction from me);
5. Pulling out my jewelry kiln (broken now) and kit, then eating a half strand of rose quartz (at least they'll have calmed karma now - or whatever).

So, yes, thanks. I needed that.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Baritonality said...

miss
reading
about
you