It wasn't always this way. When Michele met me I had a beard more often than not. Mostly it was because shaving seems pointless to me. I just don't care enough. That kind of mindset took hold of me in that moment when I made my announcement, and it's kept me hirsute for the last (almost) three weeks.
But now the semester is ending--tomorrow. The question becomes "Do I shave, trim, or leave it as is?" So I'm posting a poll, and you, my numerous readers (well, at least you outnumber my multiple personalities) are invited to take part. To aid your input, I offer pictures:
I was hoping for a nuanced poll, but I don't think Blogger will allow me one. So while the choices in the poll will be limited, I hope you will augment your input with comments in the . . . er, comments section of this post. Also, please ignore how dopey I look in these pictures. I have an excuse--I was conscious when Michele took them.
Here are some answers I've already heard:
- Cut that shit off. It makes you look old.
- Cut that shit off. It makes you look homeless.
- Leave it. It looks awesome.
- Trim that stuff. It makes you look old and homeless.
- Cut that off. It looks like crop failure.
- Do whatever Michele wants.