Thursday, November 13, 2008

Sometimes the Angel is in the Details

I just saw this picture posted to The Rude Pundit:

My first reaction to this was: holy shit, what a cynical attempt at pathos. My next thought was: "Wait . . . that woman has a cane--this hug isn't normal. And it shouldn't be. We like to think of those who have disabilities in the way in which they compensate, but sometimes they define themselves by their limitations. If Tammy Duckworth* leans over, she'll fall. If Obama is going to hug her, he's going to have to do all the leaning.

I feel like he didn't need to be coached on that. That's part of why I'm ecstatic about the election.

*I didn't realize who Ms. Duckworth was. She deserves all kinds of good will from American patriots. Especially those toolboxes who listen to Rush or Sean Hannity or Bill O'Reilly.

1 comment:

Mike said...

Rush, Hannity, O'Reilly....better known as the Axis of Evil