Anyway, here are some things I thought this week:
- Happy birthday, Cat Whisperer! I'd put your head on a gorilla, but I decided long ago not to do that to women. Sexist? Yes. Are you grateful? I'm sure. Your birthday present is pretty cool.
- Speaking of which: Happy zeroth birthday, Kaylee! My new niece (and CW's new granddaughter) was born at 1:48 pm today. She was eight pounds, thirteen ounces, and twenty-one inches long. Now we can tease the Demon Nephew for the rest of his life that, at least on the days on which they were born, his sister was bigger than he was. Not that I'd tease a five-year-old.
- Speaking of which: Happy fifth birthday, Demon Nephew! I wish we'd been there to celebrate, but at least you're saving us some cupcakes. Right? Right?
- Here's a link to Michele's post about our houseguest. Remember last time this happened? It's almost two years to the day later. Weird.
- I got a letter this week that was written in International Phonetic Alphabet, and while I was able to read it--slowly--I haven't been able to compose a response.
And on the political front:
- Here's a story that explains why Sarah Palin sounds like she's from Minnesota.
- Here's a story that tries to make sense of Palin's gibberish.
- Here's a thirteen-minute video describing John McCain's involvement in the Keating Five S&L scandal in the 1980s.
- And here's a link to the Saturday Night Live spoof of the Vice-Presidential Debate last Thursday. I feel a little dirty linking to SNL--a show that hasn't been significant in about twenty-five years, and hasn't been funny in fifteen.
- Oh, yeah. And here's where the Palins may not have been paying their taxes. That's unAmerican, don'tcha know.